AdMob is an ad network that you can use to display adds in your AppPresser apps. If you are having trouble with ads displaying, please see the Notes section at the bottom of this article.
Click here to find your AdMob app ID if you already have your banners setup. Otherwise, read below to setup AdMob.
Setup a New AdMob Account
First, setup up and configure your Admob account.
Create a new app.
Choose iOS or Android. You will need to do this twice, once for iOS, and once for Android.
Copy the App ID for each app.
Save each app ID in a text file on your computer, you will need to add those to your myapppresser.com account later.
Click "Create Ad Unit."
Give your ad unit a name, and save.
Copy the ad code under #2.
You will need to create banner ad units for iOS and Android separately. (Interstitials are not currently supported) From there copy your ad code, and paste into the settings on your My AppPresser dashboard under My App => Integrations.
At this time you can also grab your App IDs and add those, then save.
Note that none of these fields should be the same.
You must fill out all fields for both iOS and Android or adds will not work. You cannot have ads on just one platform.
Go to your app customizer, press "Go Live", and rebuild your app.
- You may change the ad codes in a live app without having to rebuild. The ad codes are in the app data, so if you don't see a change they may be cached. However, you cannot change App IDs. If you change App IDs, you need a rebuild. Close and re-open the app a couple of times to get the new ad codes if the app is already on your device.
- If you are using Ads and Push Notifications, you must be using the google-services.json file for push notification profiles. You can locate this file by following the instructions found here.
- If you do not see your ads loading after they have been set up, these two points should be remembered.
- It takes a couple of hours for the ads to start working after an Ad Unit has been created, so you may not see them immediately.
- You must make sure that your Payment Method has been added to your AdMob account before ads will start serving.
- If the ads are still not working, check the email address associated with the account to see if there are any messages from Google stating a block has been put on the account.
- For Android, you may need to build the app with a release certificate before you see the ads.
- Both iOS and Android ad IDs are required for ads to work.
Find AdMob App ID
If you already setup your AdMob account but you just need to find your app IDs:
Login to your AdMob account.
Click the apps icon in the left menu, and choose your app. (Alternatively you can go to the app list page, and then click into your app)
Next, click the small square with a cog in the middle (app settings).
There you will find your app ID. Copy that full ID.
On myapppresser.com, visit your app dashboard Integrations tab. Paste the ID into the appropriate field, making sure you have a different ID for Android and iOS apps.
Requesting Consent from European Users
To use the AdMob component you must make certain disclosures to your users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and obtain their consent to use personal data (such as AdID) to serve ads. This policy reflects the requirements of the EU ePrivacy Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Ads served by Google can be categorized as personalized or non-personalized, both requiring consent from users in the EEA.
The first time the application launches it presents a consent popup to the user. This popup displays over the app content.
You should also provide users the option to change the consent.
To allow users to update their consent you need to use the "Ad Settings" block. No extra options are required.
For more information on how to add a block using page builder check the Page Builder Overview.