Build and Preview
The Build and Preview tab is where you compile your app files after you've made all of your changes.
For example if you added a new custom page to the menu, click build and it will show up in the preview.
This step can also compile your app for device testing or submission to the app stores.
You will now see a dropdown for iOS signing keys. A valid signing key is required to get your app onto an iOS device. Please see this documentation for help.
How to Build Your App for Device Testing
- First, you need to create a free PhoneGap Build account, and get an authentication token. Please see this article for instructions.
- For Android testing, you do not need any other steps. Just scan the QR code using any QR scanner app.
- For iOS testing, you will need an Apple developer account that will be used to generate signing keys. Once you have your developer account, you can email us your developer account login to set these up for you.
How Often Should I Rebuild?
Many of AppPresser's settings are updated live in the app without rebuilding. Most of the time you will not need to rebuild.
You DO NOT need to rebuild if:
- You change colors or custom CSS
- You edit a menu or menu item (except custom pages)
- You make a change or add something in WordPress
You DO need to rebuild if:
- You add a new custom page to the menu
- You add or remove push notifications
- You add or remove app icon/splash, assets, or config.xml code
Rebuilding does not affect your live app, and it does not push anything to the app stores.