Testing In App Purchases on iOS
Before testing you must follow all the other steps for creating in app purchases.
- Create a sandbox tester on app store connect
- Login as the sandbox tester
- Rebuild your app with a development certificate and install on your device (cannot be a wildcard)
- Test the in app purchase
Create a Sandbox Tester on App Store Connect
If you'd like to test this purchase, you need to create a Sandbox Tester.
Go to the top main menu and select Users and Access. Click Sandbox Testers, and add a new one.
Keep track of your email and password, you will need this to test your in app purchase. You can create multiple testers, they do not need to be valid emails.
When you are testing in app purchases, you do not need to use the release version of your app.
Login to Your Sandbox Account on Your iOS Device
Go to settings, click your profile picture at the top.
Go to iTunes & App Stores, and scroll to the bottom. You should see Sandbox Accounts like in the image below.
Click sign in, and login with the email and password you created on app store connect.
Test the Purchase
Finally, build a debug version of your app and install it.
You can use any email in the purchase form, then try the purchase. It should say [Sandbox Environment] at the bottom, then you should have to confirm your purchase.
Subscriptions renew on an accelerated schedule, so you should see the signup, renewals, and cancellations within less than 1 hour.
- Can't install the app? Your device UDID is not included in your profile. You need to add it and rebuild.
- Nothing happens when you click purchase - did you check "Enable in app purchases" on the settings tab before building your app?
- Do your in app purchases say "Ready to submit" on App Store Connect?
- Have you filled out the paid agreements section on App Store Connect?
USB debugging will help troubleshoot any errors, you can also use logging as described below.
You troubleshoot and/or verify subscriptions are working with logging.
You have 3 places to see logs:
On your WordPress site
Visit the AppPresser settings on your WordPress site, and go to the Logs tab. Click enable logging.
Here you will be able to see logs when there is a new purchase or cancellation.
Visit your app dashboard, click your app, then the logs tab. Click enable logging, and the visit the app customizer Build and Preview tab and click Publish Changes.
The Receipt Validator
You can also see events in your validator at https://billing-dashboard.fovea.cc/events