iOS Test App Installation
Important: Your iOS device UDID must be on your iOS provisioning profile when it is setup. If you did not add your UDID in your developer account under Devices before your certificates were setup, you cannot test on this device.
To install the app on your device, click the installation link that was emailed to you after a successful build, and follow the directions on the installation page. If the app downloads but does not install, your device UDID was not included in your profile.
You can also install via QR code as described below.
iPads may require some extra steps, please see below.
The easiest way to install on your iPad is to use the QR code found on the installation page.
Click the link in the email you get when a build is successful, and click "Share" to show the QR code. Scan the code and install the app.
Install Via Web Download
How to install an app from the download link on an iPad.
First, you must be using Safari on the iPad. No other browsers will install the app.
1. Visit the iPad settings, scroll down to Safari. Scroll down to "Request Desktop Website" and turn that setting off.
2. Go back to the installation page in Safari and refresh. Click the link that says check device compatibility, and allow the profile to install.
3. Go back to your Settings and click "Profile Downloaded," and install the profile.
4. Finally, go back to the download page in Safari and refresh, and the button should change to "Install." If it still says "Download anyways," something was not setup incorrectly.
If you try to install the app and it fails, that means you have not added your iPad device UDID to your development provisioning profile. To fix this:
- Log in to your developer account
- Click on Certificates, IDs & Profiles on the left
- Click the + icon/button in the top right corner.
- Select Register Device.
- Enter a name for the device and the UDID (You can find the UDID by plugging your device in and starting iTunes. Select your device, then on the Summary tab, click on Serial Number). You can also find it by clicking on your device in the Finder, and then click the small gray text underneath the name of your device to get the UDID.
- Click Continue, review the information, then click Register.
- Create a new development provisioning profile for your app with this device selected, and download it. Send it to our support team to add it to your app.
- Once it's added, rebuild your app for iOS debugging and try to install again.