If you use a WordPress membership plugin like Memberpress, Restrict Content, Paid Memberships Pro, WooCommerce Memberships, and almost any other, you can build a mobile app for iOS and Android using AppPresser.
Here are some things you can do:
- Allow members to login to the app with the same user/pass they use on your site
- Update content in the app through WordPress
- Protect content based on membership level (with user roles)
- Allow free registrations, or sell memberships through the app with in app purchases
- Everything is synced with your WordPress site: users, payments, expiration dates, and protected content
A membership plugin restricts access to website content based on membership level, and your app can do the same. If you have a membership site, you can create a mobile app that shows content based on what each member has access to.
If you don't know where to start, start with this post on our blog (includes a video).
If you'd like to protect content in the app using a membership plugin, here's how to set it up.
- Make sure your membership plugin is installed and active on your WordPress site, and protect the content as desired.
- Enable WordPress login in your app.
- Add content to your app, such as pages and posts, protected or unprotected content.
That is all you need to do for very simple content protection. If someone is not logged in with the proper permissions, they will not be able to view the content.
For example, I set this post to require a VIP membership. Visiting this post while logged out, I see the following message.
When someone in the VIP membership logs in, they will see the full post. The same goes for pages, or iframe based content.
If you'd like to force app users to login before they can access anything in your app, enable this setting under your app => Login Settings.
In App Purchases
If you want to charge for memberships in the app, you need to use in app purchases. Our in app purchase integration can add a user to a membership level after purchase. Here's how it works:
- Setup the in app purchase and get your app approved
- User purchases, payment goes through the app store
- A webhook is sent to your WordPress site, our plugin adds the user to a membership level
- If the user cancels, our plugin removes them from the membership level
In app purchases can be a bit complex, but we have thorough documentation here.
Advanced Content Protection
Here are more things you can do with memberships: